Richard Miller

Richard+Miller

Brooke Gardner, Reporter

Richard Miller is one of two new assistant principals at RCHS, taking the place of Paige Owens. Miller is originally from Augusta County, Va. Miller has taught at Fort Defiance High School and Turner Ashby High School for the past 15 years. Throughout his teaching career, Miller taught many kinds of math including algebra, geometry, algebra analysis, and algebra 2.
Before Miller started teaching, he went to college at James Madison University to study mathematics. After attending JMU, Miller went to Liberty University to get a teaching degree.
This is Miller’s first year holding an administrative position at a high school.
“I feel very lucky to be here,” said Miller.“I’ve noticed in the first couple of weeks here, the students are phenomenal. I really like the way everyone responds to each other.”
Miller likes how students almost always complete their work, are so attentive in class, and the students show respect to each other and their teachers. Miller is yet to discover any dislikes about RCHS. He is still trying to meet everyone at Rockbridge.
“I just love interacting everyday with all the new faces, meeting new people, and trying to help them all accomplish their goals,” said Miller.