The student news site of Rockbridge County High School

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

THE PROWLER

Meet the Staff

Sophomore Lola Mulitalo is a  first year reporter for theProwler. She loves being funny - some might even call her the dad joker. Lola always has a dad joke ready and can make any crowd stay quiet. When...

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this article belong to the reporter, and do not reflect the views held by Rockbridge County High School, the Prowler Staff, and its members.

Rockbridge Artist Brings Color to Lexington

Local Artist Josh Ronnenberg poses with art in the background. Photo courtesy of Josh Ronnenberg.

Local artist Josh Ronnenberg leaves colorful traces in businesses like Domino’s and Kenny’s. Ronnenberg is a familiar face in town for his chalk pieces in several businesses, as well as drawing faces, caricatures, napkin art, and even commissioned paintings.

Ronnenberg started art around the age of six and felt he had a natural talent. Later on in high school, he painted a mural in the hall of Rockbridge County High School  depicting the Eiffel Tower and a cafe scene. He also drew comics for the school paper.  Now, he’s facing the struggles of being an adult artist. Although art is a very prevalent part of the community, making profit can be difficult.

“If you’re really committed to it you could live off of it.” said Ronnenburg. However, he stated he sells art more so to “cover the supplies”. 

“Art has been a huge getaway for me. It allows me to express myself and show others how I’m feeling,” said Ronnenburg. 

Furthermore, he likes people being able to recognize his art through being in a smaller town, especially with his caricature work and a unique style. Noting, if he were in a bigger city it would be more about competition. 

Ronnenberg makes napkin art in local restaurants and enjoys doing caricatures at local events. He even helps decorate the movie theater in Lexington. You can find his work at local events or contact him at [email protected]

Finally he said, “I love being an artist here and I know a lot of others do too.”