Sophomore reporter Ella Cate Brown is very excited to write some awesome articles this year. She has Type one Diabetes and is very proud and open about it. She spends her free time dancing in the Senior...

Rockbridge Falls to Broadway

Daniel Grimm carries the ball, photo curtesy of Stephanie Blevins

Jackson Speers                                                                                                           Sports Recap 

On Sept. 20 the Wildcats faced off against the Broadway Gobblers. Country-loving feelings were in the air as the U.S.A. themed student section got ready to watch some football. On top of the student section, the fan turnout was vast as today Rockbridge County High School was memorializing this year’s hall of fame inductees.

The Wildcats had a solid start, but quickly got swept away by the Gobbler offense in the first quarter. Number six on Broadway, the quarterback, had the majority of yards for their team as well as touchdowns.

The Wildcats were down by 50 when they had one shining moment. Daniel Grimm, a senior fullback and captain of the Wildcats had a play that set Rockbridge up for points on the board.

Senior Fullback Daniel Grimm gave his opinion.  

“The best play was the one before the touchdown, I caught the ball and ran it thirty yards and set our team up,” said Grimm. 

At this play the energy from the team and the student section came back, and then

senior Ryan Maxwell scored a touchdown. The Wildcats ended the game 50-6.

The Wildcats have an opportunity to flip the switch for the second half of the season, bringing up their 0-5 record, and Grimm is taking that opportunity with confidence.

“We have an opportunity the next two weeks to actually win, and we just have to come out on top and not fall flat,” said Grimm. On Friday the Cats will face off against the Harrisonburg Blue Streaks at home.